Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cantona backs United for Champs League glory by mbsb fc

khid mbsb fc team

Eric Cantona has backed former boss Sir Alex Ferguson to lead Manchester United to Champions League glory this season.

The former France international is a Red Devils legend, winning four league titles in five seasons at the club, but he had already retired by the time the Old Trafford club claimed their second European Cup success in 1999.

And the 41-year-old believes the current crop of United players - inspired by Ferguson - are capable of winning the continent's top competition for a third time this year.

'I very much hope that United will win the Champions League this season,' Cantona said.

'And, if they do, I hope they win again next year,' he told Sky Sports.

'I am sure that Sir Alex (Ferguson) has the words it takes to help the team to win. That is the key.'

Cantona went on to explain that the Scot's thirst to consistently hit new heights was behind his longevity, insisting he remains 'the greatest'.

'He always sets new goals for his players. If he wins the Champions League this year, he will find a new target for next year.

'That is why he has been at Old Trafford for 21 years. He always finds something more after a win, that is why he is the greatest.'

Reflecting on his time under Ferguson, Cantona said: 'I will never forget anything about my time there and the way the fans treated me, and until the last

minute of my life I will have this club in my heart.'



sekian terima kasih

posting by khid mbsb fc team

No comments: